At Huff Construction we pride ourselves on fostering a positive and collaborative working environment where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued. Our team is filled with innovative thinkers and problem-solvers, who work hard and have fun doing it! If you want to be part of a company that values growth, creativity, and teamwork, come join us today!
General Laborer (Aberdeen, SD and Norfolk, NE)
A General Laborer will need to perform a variety of general construction duties at Huff Construction. Physical labor required for all jobs; some may require special training or experience.
- Perform work as directed by Supervisors
- General cleanup and preparation of site
- Handling material, transfer to and from
- May perform work with variety of tools
Construction Site Superintendent (Aberdeen, SD)
Huff Construction Inc., a well-respected family-owned Construction Company, is looking for a Construction Site Superintendent. We are seeking a highly motivated, conscientious individual with commercial construction experience who wants to be part of our team for the long term.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other construction management to determine budget and timeline.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor Huff Construction Quality Control Program, compliance with building codes and Huff Construction Safety Requirements as well as adherence to contract documents.
- Interpret and explain plans to staff and the representing owner.
- Coordinate all construction services and activities, including inspections with authorized local jurisdiction.
- Direct and supervise workers and subcontractors on job site.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays and emergencies at the construction site.
- Actively seek effective ways to put work in place.
- Push the project schedule.
- Plan and coordinate all labor, materials and equipment required for project completion.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants and vendors to ensure project completion.
- Attend weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate work.
- Daily project walk-throughs to monitor activity and assist in future planning.
- Assist in proposals and interviews.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate with project team for a resolution.
- Provide input on procurement schedule to coincide with construction schedule.
- Help produce a six-week phase schedule to meet milestone deadlines.
- Maintain daily activity reports for the job site.
- Assist with job progress and completion punch list identification.
- Always keep the job site in a clean and organized manner.
- As time allows this individual will help in performing all construction tasks.
- Cultivate a positive culture.
- Promote the vision and core values of Huff Construction.
We are excited to work with you to make your construction project a seamless success.